Desk side Level 3
This position assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Partner will provide
(a) High-level analysis and technical support for customers and their networked computers and peripherals.
(b) Interface with multiple levels of end users, management, VIPs and local technical staff.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end user technical issues regarding /desktop support, printers, PDAs, BlackBerrys, and LAN cable drops
- Hands on role where expected to provide 1st line IT support services to the business community ensuring that all requirements are met within agreed service targets
- To provide infrastructure administration functions
- Providing on-site cover as part of a shift arrangement
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required and to provide out of hours on-call support cover as required
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues; reimaging computers/hard drives Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution on all appropriate requests.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Customer ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems (Workstations & Printers) to ensure longevity.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent skills in user IT infrastructure Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Handhelds, Smartphone etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and business productivity applications i.e. Office
- Administration experience of MS Active Directory users & groups, policies and management concepts
- Effective communication by Engineer in English and local languages is mandatory