Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
The Team Leader, IT Support works as part of the Global Service Management Team and is responsible for providing IT Customers with effective support and assistance across all aspects of the business’s IT needs.
The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s environment. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT related projects and activities.
Our goal is to provide high-quality support in adherence to agreed service levels and in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Working with Customers, Colleagues and Suppliers, on a variety of support environments, different infrastructure projects, operational and geographical areas your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide Leadership to Support Engineers including but not limited to, recruitment and objective reviews, performance reviews, career development and coaching, resource scheduling and general administrative support.
- Management of the day-to-day responsibilities of First, Second and Senior Support to Sophos’s Internal Customers including queue management of Service Request, Incident and Problem Management Tickets.
- Working as part of the Leadership Team, be proactive in Continuous Service Improvement. Develop and mature relevant processes including Service Request, Incident and Problem Management in addition to policies and work instructions.
- Ensure that regular Service Desk feedback is reviewed and all appropriate actions are documented, reported and resolved. Provide timely Management Information, at the agreed cadence or upon request, including understanding and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Incident, Problem and Service Request Management
- Managing through to resolution, Incident, Problem and Service Request Tickets in accordance with the Sophos Incident Management and Problem Management Policies and Processes. This includes, but is not limited to, detection, recording, analysis, diagnosis, and either resolution or escalation of tickets.
- Be an effective interface between Customers, Internal Support Teams and 3rd Service Providers.
- Ensure that the appropriate escalation processes are followed in a timely manner, ensuring that high Severity/Priority incidents are managed according to those standards.
- Provide support, coaching and assistance to all Level Support Engineers when requested or when Incident volumes are high.
- Create and manage Problem tickets in accordance with the agreed policy and processes and work to establish the root cause and corrective actions that eliminate the root cause and prevent further occurrences of the incident.
- Minimize business impact through demonstration of expert technical capabilities to complex situations, identifying underlying causes, and devising solutions or workarounds.
- Produce trend analysis of recurring Incidents/Problems and communicate/escalate
- Ensure that Customers are kept fully informed and up to date with the status of their incidents/requests. Provide effective and timely Communications to the Business during widespread business impacts
- Ensure that all records and documents are completed in an accurate, concise and articulate way including but not limited to Incident and Service Request tickets.
- Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical Customers and provides routine training in normal usage of services and systems
- Works to ensure that Sophos’s high security standards are proactively maintained by ensuring that Customer requests are properly and appropriately validated whilst adhering to all agreed Security standards and Processes.
- Work with members of the Service Management Leadership Team to provide appropriate management information and participate in key initiatives
- Carry out a supervisory function within the Client Services, undertaking day to day oversight and prioritization functions of Service Desk staff, including leading regional projects, and providing mentoring and guidance to Service Desk staff.
- It is expected that Team Leaders manage the day to day tasks effectively ensuring that work is completed according to priority and completed within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Act as Project Manager for initiatives as required, including conception, planning, resource allocation, Vendor liaison, analysis, recommendation and quotes
Continual Service Improvement
- Be proactive in assisting the Service Management Team in developing and deploying Continuous Improvement Plans for the Team and its processes. Typical activities include but are not limited to
- Ensure that all documents related to known errors and workarounds are completed in an accurate, concise and articulate way including but not limited to Incident and Service Request tickets.
- Regularly monitors the Incident status and keep the team and customers informed
- Assists Customers in making more effective use of desktop systems, products and services enabling them to increase their business value
- Actively participate in all regular Global Service Desk meeting
- Participate in Change Advisory Board (CAB) Meetings representing the Voice of the Customer and the Service Desk.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive application support experience for multi-platform system or service operations
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment, and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Experience of managing projects including planning, prioritizing and scheduling work and allocating resources
- Experience of supervising a team and prioritizing the workload of staff, including leading team activities and coaching and guiding staff.
- Influencing people and teams
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to work proactive and flexible also under high pressure
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- ITIL ® Foundation V3 in IT Service Management
- Microsoft Certifications in one or more key disciplines